Founded over 36 years ago, Outerwears was created to fulfill a desperate need to keep the Air filter and engine clean during off road racing.
Racers and engine builders
were experiencing loss of horsepower and engine damage due to sand, dirt, and other debris prematurely packing (clogging) the filter and often passing through the filter into the engine. Filters loading up with dirt meant loss of horsepower and in many cases loss of a race. Race crews were noticing severe engine damage due to dirt entering into the engine. Thus, a true need for a product designed to keep out additional dirt without interfering with airflow was necessary.
Skip ahead to today, and the widely used Pre-filter can be seen on a variety of applications from circle track racing, street, motocross, jet-ski, ATV, snowmobile, kart, military, industrial machinery, and consumer appliances. Outerwears has a product for virtually any air intake application.
Made in the USA
Our design, manufacturing, and fulfillment is all located in one facility, allowing us to instantly create custom products made to your specifications. We are located in Schoolcraft, Michigan and all of Outerwears products are proud to be made in the U.S.A!
Key Company Facts
- Over twenty-five years of product development
- Developed Pre-filter to deflect debris, maintaining peak airflow
- Originally developed for off road applications
- Pre-filter manufactured from needs of racers and engine builders
Key Product Features
- Improve efficiency of any high performance or exposed filter.
- Filters down to .005”
- Extends service intervals reducing cost and increasing convenience
- Optional Hydrophobic water repellent process
- UV resistant
- Heat resistant to 450 degrees
- Shatter proof in freezing temperatures
- Puncture resistant; elasticity